Package Coding Design Software
Linx CLARiSOFT® ensures consistent and accurate message creation and coding at every stage of the production line, from primary to secondary coding operations. This Windows® based design software provides one standard design for your different coder types, be it continuous ink jet printers, thermal transfer overprinters or large character printers.
||Lower Cost of Ownership
• Unique date calculation and concession control features
reduce common date coding errors, helping to eliminate
• Comprehensive driver support for Linx primary and
secondary coders allowing one standard design for your
different coder types, and eliminating the need to buy
printer-specific design packages
• The software guides the operator to select the correct
message to ensure that coding is error-free
• An intuitive user interface makes message creation easy,
ensuring accuracy of on-pack product information
• Remote message creation means product information can
be generated away from the production line, eliminating
day-to-day operator input and reducing errors
• Patented generic file structure of Linx CLARiSOFT® ensures
future compatibility with most Linx primary or secondary
• When used with Linx CLARiNET® network control software,
it allows for management of multiple coders to ensure
accuracy and consistency of coded information
• Open database connectivity allows for seamless connection
to existing and future database packages
• Patented coder-independent file format (CIFF)
• Near-WYSIWYG message design, print preview and editing
• Intuitive easy-to-use Windows® interface
• Supports Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Server 2003
• Drag-and-drop editing, nudge features and multi-level undo
• Configurable multi-level password control
• Inverse print for use with white ribbons
• Mirror print for reverse-side printing
||Graphic File Formats (for import)
• BMP, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TIFF
• UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN8, EAN13 (incl. price verifiers)
• Code 128, UCC/EAN 128 (GS1-128)
• Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF)
• GS1 Databar (RSS), GS1 Datamatrix (2D
• RS232C or TCP/IP
• TCP/IP network using Linx CLARiNET® network software
• Print-to-file (USB) to transfer coder designs to the printer
• Parallel, USB, and network Windows printers
Object Edit Functions
• Resize/Position using mouse or x, y co-ordinate entry
• Grid (configurable)
• Rotate (0º, 90º,180º and 270º)
• Object overlays
• Object mirror, phantom and inverse
• Text (Fixed, Prompted or Database)
• Text block (paragraphs)
• Date (Fixed, Prompted, Calculated or Database)
• Counter (alpha, numeric or alpha-numeric)
• Merged fields
• Bar code (linear, stacked or 2D)
• Logo (graphic import)
• Drawing (shape drawing; outline or filled)
• Automatic User ID, Line ID or Equipment ID
• Windows TrueType® fonts
• Embedded printer fonts
• Multi-line text (paragraphs)
• Prompted (user input at print time)
• Prompted with mask (e.g. numeric only)
• Prompted User list (user selection from pre-defined list)
• Date calculations (pre-defined date offset)
• Concession management (limit user entry to prevent errors)
• Automatic date rounding (round up, down or nearest)
• Reference date calculations (e.g. Use By = Sell By + 1)
• Counter (alpha, numeric or alpha-numeric)
• Date and time (choice of pre-defined and custom formats)
CLARiSOFT is available in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai and Traditional Chinese.
Full Unicode support including Chinese, Cyrillic, Scandinavian, Greek, Arabic and Japanese/Kanji character sets.
Automatic date language conversion.
Integral open-database-connectivity (ODBC) connection to SQL, Access, Excel and generic databases.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows operating system (2000, XP, Vista, 7 or Server 2003) Pentium 2 200MHz. 128MB RAM, 300 MB disk space. 1024x768 16 bit colour display. Mouse. CD-ROM. USB port.
Linx Package Coding Management (PCM) Software
The Linx suite of PCM software includes CLARiSOFT coding design software, CLARiNET package coding network control software, optional portable or unattended (fixed position) bar code validation and CLARiNET Intranet remote view modules. For further information contact your local Linx sales representative or distributor.
Linx CLARiSOFT (USB license) p/no. TS402717.
The specific capabilities in respect of field types, fonts and character sets will depend on the specific model of printer. We also advise that you contact your local Linx sales representative or distributor to ensure that the appropriate printer firmware can support connection with CLARiSOFT software. An upgrade may be required.
Linx and LogoJet are registered trademarks of Linx Printing Technologies Ltd.
© Linx Printing Technologies Ltd 2009.